and Code Shrinker
- Helps you protect Python code against reverse engineering.
- Handles even large-scale
programs or libraries containing many
modules, packages, and subpackages.
- Can reduce code size.
- Thorough and flexible.
The most mature, well-debugged, and featureful
Python obfuscator and code size reducer
- Developed and updated 2003-2013.
- Impedes reverse engineering of your Python code.
- Useful against even bytecode disassemblers
- Can reduce code size in both source code
and compiled forms.
- 'Industrial-strength' automation can obfuscate
even large-scale programs and libraries
consisting of many modules,
without limitations on import syntax.
- A body of code containing multiple packages and subpackages can even be obfuscated as a coordinated unit, within which even the interfaces between the packages and subpackages are obfuscated.
- Key technical features
- Automated analysis and obfuscation
of identifiers defined by
variable names, function names,
function and method argument names,
class names, class and object methods,
class and object variables,
interfaces and some inter-package interfaces.
- Namespace analyzer
optionally avoids a 1:1
mapping of cleartext names to obfuscated
(The same variable name or
function parameter name
may be converted to several different
within a piece of obfuscated code, without
changing code functionality
nor increasing the number of code
- You can choose the format
of replacement identifier names.
- Choose to shrink code more with smaller identifiers.
- Choose extra-confusing formats.
- Choose to have different identifier names for each customer's build (a code watermarking feature.)
- You may mark some names and
docstrings for retention
(mostly so you can produce libraries
for other programmers to use.)
docstrings and comments.
- Psychologically inspired techniques
produce extra confusion in human readers.
- Outputs Python source code for maximum
- Python source code can easily be byte-compiled
or converted to other formats.
information can be inserted automatically.
additional advanced options.
- Code to be obfuscated may include
- all Python 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5
language & library features.
- almost all language & library features
in Python 2.6 and/or 2.7.
- Obfuscator can be run in Python 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7
- Obfuscated output code can be run in Python 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7
(if the code you fed into the obfuscator could run
in those versions of Python.)
- 'Convenience features' such as
- Utility to deobfuscate your software's
(aka tracebacks / stack crawls /
- Cross-platform: operates under Windows,
OS X (Macintosh),
- Manual for obfuscator version 3.0
A one-user, one-machine license costs USD $200. (Permits use by one user at a time, on one machine at a time. Includes free upgrades to any later minor (.x) versions.)
for more details and
to purchase an obfuscator license.
- Limited online demo as Web form -- lacks the real thing's multi-file capabilities and many other features.
Other Products and Services
Custom software development and content authoring services are also available.
unit has provided
puzzle games and specialized computer services since 1995.