About the BitBoost Python Code Obfuscator
The most mature, well-debugged, and featureful
Python obfuscator and code size reducer
Some Key Technical Features
Automated analysis and obfuscation
of the names defined by your code.
- Renames variables, functions, function attributes,
function and method arguments,
classes, class and object methods,
class and object variables,
- Namespace analyzer
optionally avoids a 1:1
mapping of cleartext names to obfuscated
- The same variable name or
function parameter name
may be converted to several different
names within a piece of obfuscated code, without
changing code functionality
nor increasing the number of code
- You can choose the format
of replacement names.
- Choose to shrink code more with smaller names.
- Choose extra-confusing formats (e.g. containing fake 'red herring' information.)
- Choose to have different names for each customer's build (a code watermarking feature.)
- You may mark some names and
docstrings for retention
(mostly so you can produce libraries
for other programmers to use.)
Removes/replaces documentation strings (docstrings).
- You can mark some docstrings for retention.
'Industrial-strength' automation can obfuscate even large-scale programs and libraries consisting of many modules, packages, subpackages.
Outputs Python source code for maximum flexibility.
- Python source code can easily be byte-compiled
or converted to other formats, using any tool that accepts/supports Python code.
- Runs on OS X, Windows, Linux/UNIX, and other platforms that support standard Python.
- Runs under Python versions 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7.
- Code to be obfuscated may include
- Obfuscated output code can be run in Python 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7 (if the code you fed into the obfuscator could run in those versions of Python.)
- Python 3 compatibility options: you can use
from __future__ import ... in supported ways to make your code compatible with both Python 2.7 and Python 3, so the obfuscator will output similarly compatible code.
Interoperability facilitates integration into your build process.
Psychologically inspired techniques
produce extra confusion in human readers.
Manual for obfuscator version 3.3
How to get the obfuscator.
Limited online demo as Web form -- lacks the real thing's multi-file capabilities and many other features.